Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas is Over

Yes! All that planning and excitement is all over,
but what a day it was. Christmas Eve was spent with friends for tea and then with church family for a Christmas Eve service. This year my oldest son played the role of Joseph... no mean feat when you think that he is 15 (almost 16) and I'm sure it was not the 'coolest' thing to do - following a singing, Mary around the church, carrying a lantern. I was having a 'proud mummy' moment. He had said yes to a request from a friend, who was to give Glory to God with her voice, in spite of the possible embarrassment.
When we returned home my husband gathered us together and committed us and the new day to the Lord. I would have been satisfied with these two gifts.
Christmas day began with our traditional 'opening of the stockings'. These seem to grow each year. Then breakfast and the last minute preparations. This year I was determined to enjoy the day, not waste it in whining (under my breath) about the lack of help etc. Both boys had been happy to help peel and cut veges the day before so all that was left was to pop the veges in the oven and arrange some platters to share with my husband's side of the family. Time even to calmly shower and dress, then off to enjoy lunch with family, some of whom I also count as my closest friends. Plenty of food and gifts to share, then home again.
The turkey and more veges in the oven, time to relax, then around the corner to my brother's home to celebrate with my side of the family. Plenty more gifts and food and a puppet performance from my nieces and nephew which left us doubled over in laughter.
Home to bed, abundantly blessed, eternally thankful.

I wonder how we will celebrate next year?

1 comment:

  1. Ryan did an awsome job... Who knows maybe he will become our resident Joseph :)

    ReplyDelete