Monday, January 2, 2012

2012...

Reflection... As I look back on 2011 with a sense of completion, I am once again amazed at the speed at which a year can pass.The blurr of experiences and emotions that are contained in a day, a month, a year! The mundane and routine of home chores and regular activities that string together like bunting, interrupted by joys and tradgedies of the unexpected, hoped for, even dreaded.
This year I have hoped, prayed, regretted, given up; I have smiled, belly laughed, been wracked with sobs that shake my foundations; I have been asked to toughen up, let go, swallow my pride; I have been uncertain, afraid, angry and bewildered and yet...in it all... a sense, a certainty, an intimate "knowing", that all, all, ALL! is held in God's mighty hands.
That which I don't understand, that I fear, even that which I think I have under control... it is His!
What comfort, what peace is found in Him, in trusting His purposes, in being loved by God.
2012... So I face this coming year in the maturity of knowing it will hold much of the same. Undoubtably these familiar lessons will come again, clothed in new experiences. I will be again asked to grow and change and love and forgive. I will suffer hurt and take deep breaths of joy. This year has the promise of learning to let go, the discipline of exchanging monotony for deeper roots, the aquiring of new skills and new relationships, the risks of new experiences.

a new camera in the same house

the boys and their volleyball

 Megs & Sock,


R's Formal
 J's great year at school
 Year 12 results
 Christmas... the only time of year my toes are red!
 Christmas lights,
Chai and my ball of string...

Quirky craft,

Olive picking,

a "normal" week,

  1. One day in and loving 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment