Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January




So here I am - January 31! The first, whole month of the Year of Our Lord 2012 has come and ever so quickly, gone.

I love January. It holds promise and plans, renewal and for me a revisiting. A getting ready for the year ahead after the beauty of Christmas; and the manic rush it sometimes accumulates.

I hate January. It holds many hurtful anniversaries, the passing of no less than 4 dear friends and family members. As I plan the future I am well aware that I have no control over the events of this life; or the next. As I think of how unpredictable this life is I am faced with the truth that in some cases each anniversary means another year alone for someone I love.

I love January. We celebrate our wedding Anniversary (OK so my poor typing originally spelled that "weeding") This year it was a bit that way. A weeding out of some marriage destroying habits that had crept into our garden. Interesting how my Bible readings for the month of January were in Song of Solomon and most of January my darling has been working away. A good time to focus on some gardening of the heart.

Our celebrations include my Parent's Anniversary, my Mother's birthday and Australia Day.
Summer holidays have been extra hot, strangely disjointed and over too soon. Beaches, friends, fireworks, an amazing iced chocolate!

The year ahead holds much in store but so much of it is hidden. My comfort is that it is hidden in His hands.

The regular events of my week have all too soon come in to play and each adventure is begining.
Our MOPS group is one week away so planning is all go. I can't wait to see who will be a part of this years group and how God willl work in this part of their lives.
Country Chic's foray into the world of craft markets has started and I look forward to seeing if this is a place that God has for me.

.The adventure of a "Whole Foods" online course is making me tingle with anticipation; food, cooking and a deepening friendship. Sharing with the other participants from around the globe at http://beautythatmoves.typepad.com/ sounds like too much fun.

The challenge of completing an endurance ride this year on my sweet Megs is something from my "bucket list".

The dream of visiting family in America is now more of a tentative plan, than a dream and that in itself is a miracle.

The unfolding of Number 1 son's future is slowly taking shape as I face the next stage of my mothering journey.




And in between the many tasks and adventures I have begun the challenge of being grateful. No small ask for a habitual "glass half empty" kinda girl. http://www.aholyexperience.com/ Ann Voskamp's 1000 Gifts is inspirational and I challenge you to check it out


”one

No comments:

Post a Comment