Thursday, November 12, 2009

God is in Control

This fact calms me, encourages me, inspires me, challenges me and uplifts me! Over the last few days it has been what helps me to sleep tho' I am prone to worry... to function when I feel like giving up.
In his book "Spectacular Sins and their global purpose in the glory of Christ" John Piper says..."When God permits something, he does so for a reason. And that reason is part of a plan. God does not act whimsically or haphazardly or aimlessly. So when he permits this spectacular sin of... he knows exactly what he is doing and what his response to it will be."
When life and plans spin precariously out of my control, I am lovingly reminded that they never were in MY control. They are only and always in the hands of a glorious God!

Do I fully understand this? No, not really, not fully, not yet. Do I believe it? Yes, wholeheartedly!

Lord, let me line up my thoughts with yours, my plans with yours. Let my response to every situation shine to give you glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment